Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape

2008-10-13 10:40:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:38:06 -0400
Not that I'm at a point that I want to fix cloning, or even at the same
version anymore (I think it was 7.3.1), but suffice it to say we had
issues cloning about 60TB.  It would take a week to do so and the
failures are usually on only one or two clonesets.  I had it scripted to
split into ~15 2-3TB data sets and someplace one would die.  So I had to
look at the copies, check that they were all complete and not errored
out, delete the errored ones so the count was accurate (even errored
clones increment the copies field), recreate the lists of SSIDs, rinse
and repeat...

That's the cloning mess I was referring to

cheers
Jerry