Networker

[Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape

2008-10-09 22:12:05
Subject: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 22:09:13 -0400
Landwehr, Jerome wrote:
> Well, generally there's two ways to do cloning. The first is as a save
> group, you flip a flag to clone at group completion. The only other
> option
> IMO is by listing the savesets into a file and using nsrclone commands.
>
> The issue I've had with cloning is it inevitably fails at some point,
> leaving you to cleanup the mess and try again!
>
> HTH
> Jerry
>
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 12:53 PM, "JesseGill" <networker-forum < at >
> BACKUPCENTRAL.COM

Jerry, if your clones inevitably fail then there's something else broken in
your system.  We're running 7.3.3 in a Windows-only environment, and I've got
eight clone jobs running from four VTL's to a single tape library every day.
We might have something weird happen to a single clone job once every six
months.  We've had SAN connectivity issues from time to time that would
preclude a clone job from running, but once the connectivity is working
correctly, the clones just flat work.  Can you elaborate on the issues you're
encountering and your environment?

-brerrabbit