Networker

[Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape

2008-10-09 12:56:55
Subject: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape
From: JesseGill <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:50:28 -0400
Hey all, I looked through the forum and couldn't really find anything on this,
but I hope I'm not revisiting an old topic.

I'm a new backup admin for Directv and need a little help. In our datacenter,
we have two Networker servers, bkupcr1 and bkupcr2, both running Networker
7.3.2 on RedHat Linux 4.3 32-bit. Bkupcr1 is the nsrhost with an attached ADIC
Scalar 24 tape drive, while bkupcr2 is a storage node with an attached Clariion
Disk Library.

Each night, data is backed up to the CDL. There are three pools (INDEX,
SERVERS, and FS) on the CDL. Indexes go to the INDEX pool, bkupcr1-2
filesystems and MMC database go to SERVERS, and all other client filesystems go
to FS. What I want to do is have that data cloned to a clone pool on tape.
Maybe not every day, but at least once a week.

I've tested the following command:

# nsrclone -s bkupcr1 -b 'CDL Clone' VT0025

This clones a volume on the CDL to a Clone pool on tape. This test was
successful. Is there a way to clone an entire pool at once? What would be the
best way to do this?

If there's any other information I need to include, please let me know. Thanks
in adnvance!

Jesse