Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 - How to start over

2008-08-10 18:10:09
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 - How to start over
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:00:57 -0400
I recently inherited a NetWorker infrastructure connected to a 40-slot tape
library.  The initial setup was done approximately 4-5 months ago... and I have
been having a lot of weird errors and other issues.  The technicians from EMC
have made so many changes at this point, and things are still not working
properly.  I am thinking about clearing the slate.  However, I do have backup
data on 6-7 tapes.  I want to do a reinstall of the NetWorker Server software
and reconfigure the system.  I have new tapes to replace the old ones... I am
thinking about just taking those out and putting them aside.  I will be
changing a few client names and the name of the NetWorker server itself.  What
is the procedure for taking down a NetWorker server, while allow for the off
chance that I may need to recover from the old tapes?  Is there some
information I should be taking down prior to the reinstall?  Should I consider
a complete reformat and build the OS again?