Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 7.4 self reporting

2008-08-10 13:26:22
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 7.4 self reporting
From: rmumford <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:19:20 -0400
Sorry if this is a stupid RTFM question, we inherited the backups job from
another team, part of which is gone and the other part is now unavailable to
us, and boy we're having lots of fun.

We have 2 servers that were rolled to new hardware, at the same time upgraded
from 7.2 to 7.4-1, now upgraded to 7.4-2. This was before we came on board.

Apparently there were some scripts out there that watch the groups as they ran
and reported their status when finished. These scripts were based on the
nsradmin command:

. type:NSR Group; name $group

followed by a "show completion" and a print.

we are searching the output for the word "FAIL", and in 7.4 apparently that is
no longer an output of the show command. When I enter "show completion" and
"print" I get basically nothing. If enter "show status" followed by a "print",
I get IDLE which is correct, but I need to know if the group failed.

When I do a "show" to get all output, "completion" is not one of the fields
returned. Here is what I do get:

nsradmin> show
Will show all attributes
nsradmin> print
                        type: NSR group;
                        name: ebprd28;
                     comment: ;
                    snapshot: False;
                   autostart: Disabled;
                 autorestart: Disabled;
                  start time: "3:33";
                  last start: "Sat Aug 09 2
                    last end: "Sat Aug 09 2
                    interval: "24:00";
              restart window: "12:00";
           force incremental: Yes;
         savegrp parallelism: 0;
              client retries: 1;
                      clones: No;
                  clone pool: Default Clone
           success threshold: Warning;
                       level: ;
                     printer: ;
                    schedule: ;
               schedule time: ;
             expiration time: ;
          inactivity timeout: 30;
   File inactivity threshold: 30;
File inactivity alert threshold: 30;
                   work list: ;
                      status: idle;
             Snapshot Policy: Daily;
               Snapshot Pool: Default;

This particular job is showing "Failed" in the GUI

My question is, can anyone tell me how to pull a completion status from
nsradmin (or anything) via command line? We need to fix our scripts asap, as we
are being audited.  I again apologise for not knowing, both myself and my
team-mate are new to networker and perl scripting. We are looking at the
mauals, just not getting anywhere. Thanks