Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

2008-06-13 15:12:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:04:09 -0400
Thanks Tim,
Our largest client index is 53GB, almost twice the amount of available
free space on the partition (next largest is 20GB), so I think the
conversion could run out of space while converting the large client
index.. We used to run our Networker Servers on HPUX, which made it easy
to relocate a large client index simply by moving it to a filesystem
with more space and then setting up a link from the old location to the
new one.. How easy is that to do on a Windows based server ?? Can we
simply move it to another partition with lots of free space and then
update the index path location for that client in the GUI ?, then when
the conversion happens , it will have space to convert that clients