Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

2008-06-13 16:30:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:25:18 -0500
Hello,
I forgot to mention one thing
 You have VSS capabilities with Windows 2003 , just use that before you
make the changes and if things dont work you can use it to reverse the
drive, you will need adequate disk space to ensure snapshot viability-but
it's not large.( Provided you are snapping the Drive which has nsr
directories)
Thanks

"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/13/2008 02:36 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

Thanks ,
I thought it should be feasible to relocate the index & update the path
to it..

 Rebuilding the partition is not an option really, and I don't want to
purge old entries from the index due to a legal hold we've been told to
place on some of our backups... (darn lawyers always make things
difficult...)

type