Networker

[Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

2008-06-13 13:03:50
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:56:31 -0400
We're planning to upgrade our Networker Server from 7.2.2 to 7.4.2 soon
due to EOSL of 7.2.x at the end of this month (Win2003 server SP2).
Would the fact that the partition that holds our indexes & media
database is 136GB with only 30GB free be a problem for the upgrade ? I
remember reading someone stating that there should be enough available
space to make a copy of your databases during the upgrade / conversion
so should the partition be no more than 50% full ???  If the upgrade
fails due to lack of available space, is it recoverable ? Can the
conversion process be made to use another partition for temporary work
space ? We do have another unused disk partition (mapped from a RAID
system) with lots of space available if this can be done.

Paul,

Paul Goslin
IS&TS Unix Administration
--