Networker

[Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)

2007-05-31 08:57:09
Subject: [Networker] Very slow inquire command (fwd)
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:54:20 -0400
Hello,
I can speak to the fact that we have migrated from 7.2.1, to 7.3.2-update
1, besides the dislike for Java wich i think adds bit of confusion , as
far as different java versions that can be in conflict (on your desktop),
however, the new GUI offers lots of info, priviously, not easily produced
and yes reporting ( still bit unreliable to me).
Windows Networker admins will like the new networker more then unix\AIX,
as they are well versed ( unix folks) in cmd line, they may not need some
of the enhancement in the new GUI. Howevere, i do feel it's well worth the
upgrade, we have not had major issues with networker since i upgraded.
(160 Networker windows client, one windows 2003 64 bit server & one
storage node.)