Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR server processes die due to license issues (Solaris)

2007-05-04 16:55:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR server processes die due to license issues (Solaris)
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:54:18 -0700
> ...and that's it. The server processes won't start because the codes are bad,
> but I can't remove the codes using nwadmin (or any other way I know of -
> nsrcap, etc.) since the server processes won't start.
>
> How do we get around this? Any known issues here?
>
> All of the codes (AFAIK) used to be in /nsr/res/nsr.res prior to 7.x, but
> apparently not anymore. I don't want to go poking around in the config
> database without good reason, however, if we can manually delete the codes
> somehow, they can be re-entered (but in the past we've never even had to do
> that).

Hmm.  I'm not 100% certain, but I thought the license stuff was still in
there.

You can use 'nsradmin' on the offline database, usually as

nsradmin -d /nsr/res/nsrdb  (I'm assuming "directory type" database).

You should be able to see the licenses with "print type:nsr license" and
remove them with "delete type:nsr license"

> Unless we can work around this, we'll have to mmrecov, manually recover the
> indexes, etc. (which will decimate the time we have at our DR vendor for
> testing). Besides, our procedure has worked fine at least three times
> before... ?

You should be able to mix and match.  For instance, I might try doing an
'mmrecov' on top of the copied /nsr.  It shouldn't take that long and
would leave the indexes in place.

I would agree that I don't understand what is causing the difference
that you're seeing now.