Networker

Re: [Networker] ASR Bare Metal Restores

2007-05-04 23:09:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] ASR Bare Metal Restores
From: "Cox, Shawn" <Shawn.Cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 21:52:18 -0500
I never got ASR restores to work either.  I experienced the exact same issues
you describe.  I now use Symantec Backup Exec System Restore for System backups
and EMC Networker for Data backups.  My last DR test I was able to restore 20
servers by myself in less than 24 hours.  If you don't like Symantec, Acronis
has a similar product called True Image.  Both allow you to lay down any system
image to any hardware including VM's.

--S