Networker

Re: [Networker] Not Enough Licenses

2004-12-23 22:23:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Not Enough Licenses
From: Andrew Harkin <andrew.harkin_networker AT MCKENNAN DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:22:43 -0600
We have had similar issues in our 7.12 environment.  After contacting
Legato, we worked through a few things, and eventually found that we were
having some scavenging issues in DNS.  What was occurring is that reverse
lookup records were not being scavenged for some reason, so we could do ping
-a's on an address and receive any number of responses.  Legato thought this
caused extra licenses to be eaten, and caused the problem.

We got the problem cleaned up, and that seemed to help quite a bit, however,
it just started happening again over the weekend.  I think we'll try the
same thing with deleting and re-adding the licenses and see if that helps.

Hope my comments help you out, and have a happy holidays!