Networker

Re: [Networker] unix client initiates backup on nt server

2004-10-20 13:49:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] unix client initiates backup on nt server
From: Mark Znidarsic <mark_znidarsic AT ACS-INC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:48:59 -0400
the client is unix and the server is a win2003.  from what i see, savegrp
is not loaded on the client as it is a server only command. I would like
to initiate from unix so all my issues stay there from a script standpoint.

It's looking like getting remsh working is the best bet so far.

You would think that a client could tell the server to start a backup
through nsrececd ...

Mark