Networker

Re: [Networker] unix client initiates backup on nt server

2004-10-20 13:23:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] unix client initiates backup on nt server
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:22:47 -0500
Mark,

Here is part of the Solaris ksh script we use to start a save group from our
Oracle server.  The first part starts the 'redologs' save group and the
second part loops until it finishes.

# start oracle redo logs save
echo "
  . type: NSR group;
  name: redologs
  update Autostart: Start now" | nsradmin -s NSRserver -i -

# Check status, wait until done
StatF=/tmp/RDLstat$$.tmp
sgDone=0
while [ sgDone -eq 0 ]
do
 sleep 30
 echo "
  show status
  print type: NSR group;
  name: redologs" | nsradmin -s NSRserver -i - > $StatF
#
  if grep "status: idle;" $StatF
  then
        sgDone=1