Networker

Re: [Networker] Whoa...all my licenses expiring...

2004-10-04 10:15:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Whoa...all my licenses expiring...
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:17:17 -0400
Riann, et. al.,

       Just out of curiosity, if, as a result of the network problem, this
computer received a different NAME, and dynamic DNS is in use, could
such a change cause this problem?   How does Networker determine
the machine it was meant to run on?  Only from the MAC address and other
machine-dependent information?

                                                       Matt Temple

Riaan Louwrens wrote:
again,

I would double check my actual hostid on the machine to try and see whether the
issue is as a result of something changing in your environment (or Legato
thinking it has) - or - perhaps due to a disk corruption or the like. With the
latter I dont really have any ideas - but if you can chop the problem up
perhaps someone else has an idea, or Legato wuold be able to assist further.

Riaan