Networker

Re: [Networker] INCORRECT BLOCK SIZE / DRIVE FAIL?

2004-10-14 12:59:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] INCORRECT BLOCK SIZE / DRIVE FAIL?
From: Larry Beintema <beintema AT CWU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:48:09 -0700
I am having a similiar problem. It is not a tape drive failure. I am
trying to move a tape library from a Sun Ultrasparc to a Redhat Linux
box. I changed the dip switches as indicated in the tape manual for
AIT-2, also SONY 500C, and now I am getting the "incorrect block size"
error.

Before this it seemed to work but then I had trouble during a clone
process where the drives would just hang when it was time to change a
tape. So I tried setting the dip switches to see if that was it.

The drives still work fine when run off of the Sun.

Larry Beintema
Systems Programmer
Information Technology Services
Central Washington University