Networker

Re: [Networker] INCORRECT BLOCK SIZE / DRIVE FAIL?

2004-10-14 13:07:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] INCORRECT BLOCK SIZE / DRIVE FAIL?
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:06:46 -0400
Larry Beintema wrote:
I am having a similiar problem. It is not a tape drive failure. I am
trying to move a tape library from a Sun Ultrasparc to a Redhat Linux
box. I changed the dip switches as indicated in the tape manual for
AIT-2, also SONY 500C, and now I am getting the "incorrect block size"
error.

Before this it seemed to work but then I had trouble during a clone
process where the drives would just hang when it was time to change a
tape. So I tried setting the dip switches to see if that was it.

The drives still work fine when run off of the Sun.

Larry,

Can you tell me what switch you set?   My drive doesn't tell me
what they mean.

                                       Matt

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street, LG300/300   http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!