Networker

Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?

2004-02-20 10:03:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?
From: Evan Gold <egold AT FSA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:03:24 -0500
I forgot to mention, that i want to deposit tapes from any cap port to any
open slot automatically and not specify the slots or ports.
just like the "deposit" button in the legato gui.
I am running legato 7.1.1 on win2000 and use auto media management.

I do not want to specify the ports that holds the tape or the empty slot to
deposit it to.

The goal of this to get around the issue where i need to do a restore, i
ahve to put the old tape in the cap, click deposit then have to either
guess which slot the tape went to and inventory it (because i use auto
media management i have many unlabeled tapes in the jukebox) or else
inventory the whole library. So i am trying to write all of the above in a
batch file, which my operators can just double click, and then legato will
deposit the tape, inventory it and the restore will begin.

thanks for your help everyone.
Alot of people said the version of legato im running can no longer do this
but older versions could deposit without specifying the ports/slots.

Evan

             Davina Treiber
             <[email protected]
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA                                     Subject
             IL.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] command to deposit
                                       volumes into jukebox?

             02/20/2004 02:37
             AM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA
              IL.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
              Davina Treiber
             <[email protected]

Evan Gold wrote:
> I have a storagetek L180 library.
> I put tapes in the cap and want to deposit them into the library from the
> command line, i tried "nsrjb -d" and "nsrjb -d -N" but it gives an error
> both times, there ARE tapes in the cap. any ideas?
>
> here is what ive done so far:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>nsrjb -d
> Port(s) are empty, please load the cartridges into the port(s)
> Continue depositing volume(s) from the specified slot range? (yes/no) no
> Deposited 1 cartridge(s), import ports are empty

What's the problem? The output says it worked. It deposited 1 cartridge,
and there are no others to deposit.