Networker

Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?

2004-02-24 10:53:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:53:27 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?,...:

>Tim Mooney wrote:
>> In regard to: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?,...:
>
>> If I *don't* do that, nsrjb gives me that *interactive* message that Evan
>> showed in his original message.  As I recall (it's been months or years
>> since I had to start working around this problem, so my memory is hazy),
>> if you don't *specifically* list a slot to deposit to, NetWorker *will*
>> find a slot for you and deposit the volume, but then it spits out that
>> interactive message and waits for confirmation.
>
>You can turn off the interactive message with the -N command. I find
>that a simple nsrjb -dN will deposit all tapes in the CAP if there are
>available library slots. Adding the -v helps to know where they've gone
>in case you want to inventory them or label them. This simple script
>might help too.

Thanks Davina.  When I first encountered the interactivity after doing an
upgrade to the 6.x series, I looked all over for a way to enable the old
behavior, but clearly missed the implications of the `-N'.  Even today,
reading in the `-d' section of the man page for nsrjb, I wouldn't
interpret -N's meaning correctly.

Now I just need to train my fingers to add `-N' when I deposit with `-d',
but that's a lot easier than finding the empty slots and specifying them
when I deposit tapes.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu