Networker

Re: [Networker] Drives available but inquire sees nothing

2003-05-08 07:06:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Drives available but inquire sees nothing
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 07:06:43 -0400
On Thu, 8 May 2003 10:30:37 +0100, Mark T Wragge <storage AT TTT DOT IE> wrote:

>Hi,  I have an AIX .4.3.3 system with SAN attached tape devices. My fibre
card is IBM which is an emulex card and using the emulex driver.

>When using the lputil utility I can see that my fibre card is available
and I can see that it can see the WWN of the Bridge, robot and all three
tape devices.

>When I run lsdev -C -c tape I can see my tape devices with appropriate
device names.

>When I open smit I can see my tape devices with appropriate device names
(/dev/rmt0 etc.)

>In /dev/rmt the appropriate device names are listed..
>
>But the ./inquire command does not see anything related to the SAN
configuration.   Why could this be and should it prevent a successful
installation.   I would usually use the inquire command to confirm that all
of my hardware is seen by the OS and I can begin to install networker.

If your SAN configuration is not supported by Legato, there may not be the
correct entries in the lus.conf file. This will prevent them showing up
from the inquire command. It will probably not prevent a successful install.