Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] MariaDB vs. MySQL

2017-06-29 10:24:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] MariaDB vs. MySQL
From: "Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA" <daniel.hicks.ctr AT dmea.osd DOT mil>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:49:25 +0000

Hello all

I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.

My question is this, is there a way to get the 7.4.7 version to work with MariaDB? Or is there a newer version that works better with MariaDB? Is there a version that might have the database pre-compiled / built in?

Thank you

Daniel Hicks

Senior Systems Analyst

Defense Microelectronics Activity (DMEA)