Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MariaDB vs. MySQL

2017-06-29 10:45:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MariaDB vs. MySQL
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:27:53 -0400
On 06/29/17 09:49, Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the
> installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to
> compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.
>
> My question is this, is there a way to get the 7.4.7 version to work
> with MariaDB? Or is there a newer version that works better with
> MariaDB? Is there a version that might have the database pre-compiled /
> built in?

I can think of no good reason why you would run into this problem.  Can
you provide a bit more detail?  To start with, what version of MySQL
worked, and what version of MariaDB did NOT work?  In each case, which
MySQL or MariaDB packages did you have installed?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications