Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number

2017-06-28 17:06:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number
From: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:05:25 -0400
Hi Patti,

My server is running Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (64bit), Bacula v7.4.7 and mtx tools
are at v1.3.12.

As I mentioned in my other post, in reply to Kern's response, I've managed to
fix the issue by installing full set of magazines into the changer's carousel.
This immediately caused mtx to properly list the mailslot as IMPORT/EXPORT in
its output, which was not the case before.

Looks like the problem was caused by some mis-interaction between the
changer's firmware and mtx. Whether this qualify as a bug I could not say. But
I would take a note to be careful not to leave any of the carousel faces
vacant even temporarily, to avoid Bacula suddenly losing track of parts of its
tape inventory.

--Ivan