Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number

2017-06-28 05:02:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:01:01 +0200
Hello,

I think this is what we politely call a "pilot error/misunderstanding".
From what you have described, mtx is behaving correctly. Normally I
turn off the mail slot (aka import/export slot) on my autochanger and the problem goes away. It is my understanding that Bacula can be used with a mail slot, but I do not know how -- probably the simplest is to make sure there is no volume in the mail slot when you are doing an "update slots barcodes" command. If you do that, Bacula should never access slot 1.

Best regards,

Kern