Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number

2017-06-28 14:47:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger incorrectly assigning first slot number
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>, Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:46:33 +0000
Ivan,

You’ve not indicated what OS that you are using – it’s somewhat difficult to
say whether your mtx package has a bug.  I’ve never had this issue with mtx
running on RHEL6.  I don’t see your I/E slot being identified as the I/E slot,
just a regular slot, which can be done if slots are tight.  It’s a configurable
parameter on the library itself as are the slots.  It looks like a wrap around
identification problem.

My library, while not a Qualstar, does identify the I/E slots with the mtx
command:

 Storage Changer /dev/changer-admin:4 Drives, 280 Slots ( 10 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 189 Loaded):VolumeTag = 405128L5

Data Transfer Element 1:Full (Storage Element 227 Loaded):VolumeTag = 399696L5

Data Transfer Element 2:Full (Storage Element 226 Loaded):VolumeTag = 399695L5

Data Transfer Element 3:Full (Storage Element 1 Loaded):VolumeTag = 074260L5

      Storage Element 1:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=074261L5
.
.
.
      Storage Element 270:Full :VolumeTag=621469L5
      Storage Element 271 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 272 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 273 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 274 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 275 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 276 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 277 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 278 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 279 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

      Storage Element 280 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty:VolumeTag=

And Kern, disabling I/E ports, really?  I have used bconsole commands to move
media to the I/E ports, but I’ve scripted to just change the volume location to
0 and inchanger=no, and I use the mtx commands to manage moving the volumes to
the I/E.  The process is handled in reverse for importing.

Patti Clark
Sr. Linux System Administrator
Oak Ridge National Laboratory