Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring autochanger with SAS LTO-5 drives

2017-06-02 23:03:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring autochanger with SAS LTO-5 drives
From: Ivan Adzhubey <iadzhubey AT rics.bwh.harvard DOT edu>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 23:02:25 -0400
On Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:27:49 PM EDT Ivan Adzhubey wrote:
> [7:0:0:0]    mediumx QUALSTAR TLS-8466         227d  /dev/sch0  /dev/sg4
> [8:0:0:0]    tape    IBM      ULTRIUM-HH5      BBNF  /dev/st0   /dev/sg2
> [8:0:1:0]    tape    IBM      ULTRIUM-HH5      BBNF  /dev/st1   /dev/sg3
>
> But I am still confused about few bits of configuration not very well
> explained in the documentation. I have used LTO-4 Device section from the
> distribution bacula-sd.conf file as a template. Here is my questions:
>
> a) I have added ChangerDevice directive to the Device resources for the
> drives, pointing to their corresponding raw SCSI devices (/dev/sg2, /dev/
> sga3), while Autochager has ChangerDevice configured as /dev/sg4. Is this
> configuration correct? I am assuming these tape raw devices only used for
> the purpose of running AlertCommand on the drives?

Obviously, the above assumption was wrong because btape crashes if I specify
anything other then the autochanger's raw SCSI device as the ChangerDevice
under Device resource for the tape drives.

Does this mean Device {...} will not localize variables specified inside them?
What about other resources? I could not find anything in the documentation
regarding the variables scope inside bacula-X.conf files.

Of course, I might simply hardcode /dev/sgX names into TapeAlert strings.

Thanks,
Ivan

dispose of the e-mail.