Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client

2017-04-03 10:32:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client
From: Petar Kozić <petar.kozic AT mint DOT rs>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 07:08:02 -0700
I have one question.
I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.

For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and Verify Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
For regular backup and restore everything works very well.

My question is :

Can I restore something from linux-server1.net to linux-server5.net. ?

When I try from console, I select most recent backup for linux-server1.net and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job resource I select linux-server5.net , but my restore was appear on source linux-server1.net

On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.

I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

Petar Kozić
System Administrator