Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client

2017-04-03 11:00:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client
From: Petar Kozić <petar.kozic AT mint DOT rs>
To: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 07:59:56 -0700
Yes, thank you for reply. I was already give answer :)
I try this and works perfect.

Thank again, folks ! ;)

Petar Kozić
System Administrator

On April 3, 2017 at 4:55:53 PM, Josip Deanovic (djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net) wrote:

On Monday 2017-04-03 07:08:02 Petar Kozić wrote:
> I have one question.
> I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.
>
> For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and
> Verify Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
> For regular backup and restore everything works very well.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I restore something from linux-server1.net to linux-server5.net. ?
>
> When I try from console, I select most recent backup for
> linux-server1.net and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job
> resource I select linux-server5.net , but my restore was appear on
> source linux-server1.net
>
> On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.
>
> I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

1. run the restore command
2. chose the way you are going to use to select what needs to be
restored
3. Chose the restore job (the server to whom this backup originally
belongs but here you could use a target server also)
4. modify the restoration and change the restore client (chose
the target server)

That should be it.

--
Josip Deanovic