Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client

2017-04-03 13:02:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore backup to different client
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:01:19 -0600
On 04/03/2017 08:08 AM, Petar Kozić wrote:
> I have one question.
> I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.
>
> For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and Verify
> Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
> For regular backup and restore everything works very well.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I restore something from linux-server1.net <http://linux-server1.net> to
> linux-server5.net <http://linux-server5.net>. ?
>
> When I try from console, I select most recent backup for linux-server1.net
> <http://linux-server1.net> and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job
> resource I select linux-server5.net <http://linux-server5.net> , but my
> restore was appear on source linux-server1.net <http://linux-server1.net>
>
> On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.
>
> I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

Hi Petar,

This can even be done in one step on the restore command line: (please excuse
the email wrap)

* restore jobid=xxx client=Client_A restoreclient=Client_B where=/some/path
replace=never restorejob=restoreJobName all done yes

The "all done" will simply choose all the files in the job, and the "yes" will
not stop at the summary prompt, and instead will just immediately submit the
restore job.

If you have multiple "Restore Job" resources, you might want to set this as I
have done in the command line above.

Also, if you had some Restore Jobs resources with specific things set (like
replace=never , and where=/some/path, etc), then you can omit those overrides
from the restore command line.

Hope this helps,

Bill

--