Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] A few questions related with new setup

2016-08-30 08:14:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] A few questions related with new setup
From: Win Htin <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:13:30 -0400

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:45 AM, Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de> wrote:
Am 29.08.2016 um 15:52 schrieb Win Htin:
I am in the process of migrating my old LTO4 based library to a new
LTO6 based one. Currently I am running version 5.2.12 with the old
library and the new one is running version 7.0.5.

Just migrated from a LTO4 to a LTO6 cassette changer (HP 1/8 G2
Autoloader) with newer PC hardware, a newer Linux OS including MySql DB
and the latest Bacula version with Bat built from the scratch.

On a test I was surprisingly able to run old and new backup process on
the server clients simultaneously only by adding a second "Director" for
the new backup-system to the bacula-fd.conf.

My idea would be to save the bacula-dir.conf and the latest dump of the
old database for switching back to the elder state on the new system
temporarily if there would ever be the need.

--
Ralf Brinkmann

Thanks Ralf. How many drives do you have in your new tape library? Can you share your bacula-fd.conf file?

Win