Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Period

2016-08-30 06:51:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention Period
From: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
To: "sachin.holikar" <sachin.holikar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 07:44:46 -0300
Hello

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding Bacula retention period.

We have bacula Server 7.4.0 installed on SLES 12.

We wish to take weekly incremental backup of a client (ClientA) and then Full Backup over the weekend.

Weekly incremental backup , we would like to keep for 1 month.

Weekend Full backup , we wish to keep for 3 months.

One more system level (System partition only /root /usr etc) full backup of the same client we wish to take every 6 months. and retain obviously 6 months.

Create pools distinct with retention expected and create 2 Jobs for  this client

In this scenarios , I am not sure how should I go about different backup retention requirement for a same client. As the 2 rentention parameters job records and file records and to be

mentioned in the Client Section. How can we specify 2 different job/file rentention periods for a single client. Is it possible?

You can set  the Job and File retention with the higher retention as you expect, because when the volume is recycled it will prune Jobs and Files from Catalog, for this you have to set in the Pool resource "Auto prune = yes"

Best Regards

Wanderlei Hüttel

Thanx for any help.

Regards,