Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Trouble with hanging RunScript

2016-08-30 02:35:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Trouble with hanging RunScript
From: lukn <lukn555 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:34:02 +0200
Good Day List

Some of our backups jobs run a preparation script defined in a RunScript
block as follows:

RunScript {
    Command = "/path/to/script"
    RunsOnClient = yes
    RunsWhen = Before
    FailJobOnError = yes
    RunsOnFailure = no
  }

However, for some reasons the script sometimes blocks and does not
terminate within the time limits set by "Max Run Time" in the job
definition. Even though the job eventually gets cancelled due to
timeout, the running script is not terminated, thus the job keeps
running, blocking subsequent backup jobs.

This is what I see in the Job messages:
[..]
client-fd ClientBeforeJob: script status message xxx
bacula-sd JobId=552634 Job="client_script_backup.2016-08-29_23.05.01_48"
marked to be canceled.
client-fd ClientBeforeJob: script status message yyy
[..]

How do I have to define RunScript blocks so they properly abort even if
a child process hangs?

Thank you
lukn