Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How To Change User or Group of Running Bacula-SD

2016-07-07 12:13:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How To Change User or Group of Running Bacula-SD
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 11:12:01 -0500
Heitor,

Thanks! That was my understanding. The file, /etc/init.d/bacula-sd, includes
the shell function:

> do_start()
> {
>
>         start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \
>         --oknodo --exec $DAEMON -- -c $CONFIG $ARGS
>
> }

So, along with the other parameter assignment statements I added:

> ARGS="-u root -g bacula"

thinking that this would do it after a restart. But, it didn't. after the
restart bacula-sd still was running as bacula/tape. Either those are not the
correct options or they are being overridden somehow -- or I just don't
understand shell programming. :-)

Cheers!

escreveu:
> >This question is directed to those familiar with the packaging of
> >Bacula for
> >Debian Linux systems. I am completing the installation of Bacula
> >(v5.2.6) for
> >a Debian "Stable" ("Jessie", v8.5) system and have a question about the
> >user &
> >group identity of the bacula-sd daemon.
> >
> >>From running the command `ps -ef` I determined that the default
> >
> >identity is
> >user: bacula & group: tape. Since I'm doing backups only to disk, for
> >convenience I want to change the group to bacula, but I haven't been
> >able to
> >figure out how.
> >
> >Unless I've overlooked something the documentation states only that you
> >CAN
> >change the user & group of the running daemons but doesn't explain how.
> >By
> >examining the manual pages for the daemons I saw the options "-u
> ><user>" & "-g
> ><group>" that could be added to the bacula-sd command so I attempted to
> >add a
> >"$ARGS" argument to the bacula-sd SysV init file. It didn't work. I'm
> >pretty
> >sure that I did this correctly but bacula-sd always runs as
> >bacula/tape. (FYI,
> >this worked in previous versions of Bacula that I have used.)
> >
> >What have I missed & where can this be changed?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >--
> >C M Reinehr
> >AMS Enterprises, LLC.
> >323 Bibb St (36104)
> >PO Box 20
> >Montgomery AL 36101-0020
> >334-269-4358 (Voice)
> >334-262-1706 (Fax)
> >----
> >Linux distribution Debian 8 "Jessie"
> >------
> >"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he
> >made
> >school boards." -- Mark Twain
> >--------

C M Reinehr
AMS Enterprises, LLC.
323 Bibb St (36104)
PO Box 20
Montgomery AL 36101-0020
334-269-4358 (Voice)
334-262-1706 (Fax)
----
Linux distribution Debian 8 "Jessie"
------
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity,
but don't rule out malice." -- Albert Einstein
--------