Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tape migration (within a pool)

2016-04-13 14:41:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tape migration (within a pool)
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Alan Brown <a.brown AT ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:39:37 -0300 (BRT)
> On 13/04/16 17:43, Heitor Faria wrote:
>> Not the entire JobID, just the parts which are on the tapes in question.
>>
>> Does anyone have a recipe for this?
>> Hello, Alan. Migrate and copy jobs support a Selection Type = Volume, that
>> combines with the Selection Pattern directive, that receives a RegExp for the
>> Volume names you want to migrate.
>>

> What I have is this (testing, most of the affected tapes are in the
> "keep 2 years" pool)
>
> Pool {
>   Name = High-churnPool
>   Next Pool = High-churnPool
>   ScratchPool = LTO5-Scratch-GENERAL
>   RecyclePool = LTO5-Scratch-GENERAL
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
>   AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
>   Volume Retention = 4 months # 3 months (13 weeks 6 days)
>   Cleaning Prefix = CLN
>   Volume Use Duration = 1 week
>   Storage = LTO-changer
> #  Maximum Volumes = 79
> }
>

> Job {
>   Name = "migrate-High"
>   JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
>   Type = Migrate
>   Level = Full
>   Client = msslay-fd
>   FileSet = "Full Set"
>   Messages = Standard
>   Pool = High-churnPool
>   Next Pool = High-churnPool
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>   Selection Type = Volume
>   Selection Pattern = "CPOL0021"
>   Schedule = "Manual"
>   Storage = LTO-changer
> }
>

> But when I kick off the job, the message that comes back is that no jobs
> match regex CPOL0021

Hello, Alan: I think the origin pool of your Migrate job should be "keep 2
years", like you wrote above. Otherwise it will only look for volumes in
High-churnPool.
I'm not sure if migrating from the same Pool would work anyway. But Bacula is
evolving so quikly that I don't know anymore. =P

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria