Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tape migration (within a pool)

2016-04-14 09:33:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tape migration (within a pool)
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:32:40 -0300 (BRT)

>> > For various reasons I've ended up with a large number of tapes that only
>> > have a few GB on them (tape drive issues caused by a contaminated
>> > tape(*)) and this is burning up pool spares.
>> >
>> > I want to migrate the files on those tapes to newer tapes within the
>> > same pool, then recyle the original tapes.
>> >
>> > Not the entire JobID, just the parts which are on the tapes in question.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a recipe for this?
>>
>> Hello, Alan. Migrate and copy jobs support a Selection Type = Volume, that
>> combines with the Selection Pattern directive, that receives a RegExp for
>> the Volume names you want to migrate.
>
> Are you sure that does what Alan wants?  I think migration always migrates
> complete jobs.
>
> __Martin

Hello, Martin: yes. Depending on how Jobs are distributed along the tapes a
multivolume migrate job may also copy parts of the tapes that have "regular"
size. The list jobmedia bconsole command would give a clear view of it, but
bottom line I think he will be able to reach his goal.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria