Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] relative order of scripts vs files

2016-04-13 12:50:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] relative order of scripts vs files
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:49:07 -0300 (BRT)
> If I have a situation like the attached file, can someone help me
> understand which comes first, between the "Client Run Before Job"
> script, and the "File = "\\</path/to/file" inside the FileSet?
>
> The reason is this.  This situation is a little complicated, but the
> short answer is that the "Client Run Before Job" script, will create the
> file, which is later referenced in the fileset.  But I keep getting an
> error like this:
>
>> 13-Apr 09:24 zhomebackup2-fd JobId 59114: Fatal error: Cannot open
>> FileSet input file: /etc/bacula/zhome_jobfile_lists/zhome_list_l.
>> ERR=No such file or directory
>
> And it's right.  The file doesn't exist ... yet.  But if it were to run
> the "Client Run Before Job" script, it would exist.  It appears to be
> trying to read the file first, before executing the script.

Hello, Lloyd. This does not seem accurate to me. Catalog backup job works
flawless with the same logic and I'm pretty sure Bacula client only scans the
filesystem after before script is terminated.
Are you sure your before job script is not deleting the temporary file?
If still in doubt maybe you can post your script here.

> In this case, the file will change, though not very often.  I can create
> it manually once, and then it should work ... kinda.  If it's reading
> the fileset file first, then any changes would only be reflected on the
> NEXT job, rather than the current one.  Not a tragedy, but certainly not
> ideal.
>
> Any recommendations here?  Am I completely misunderstanding the situation?
>
> --
> Lloyd Brown
> Systems Administrator
> Fulton Supercomputing Lab
> Brigham Young University
> http://marylou.byu.edu

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria