Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes are not being recycled?

2016-02-16 15:41:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volumes are not being recycled?
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:20:23 -0500
On 02/16/2016 04:19 AM, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> Hello Kern and Heitor,
>
> I can see the ExpiresIn field in Bacula 7.4.0 version.
> Maybe the ExpiresIn value could be more useful if displayed in the same format
> as the LastWritten field.
>
> Best regards,
> Ana

I really like the new "expiresin" field, it is quite helpful.

I agree with Ana about the formatting of it though - Even though we are
pushing the envelope with regards to the column width of the "list media"
output. :)

I am seeing a lot of my Purged volumes with expiresin = 0  This is fine and it
makes sense to me.

However, I see many other volumes with volstatus=Purged but with
expiresin=xxxx  (where xxxx is some number of seconds)

I would think that a volume that has been automatically purged, and
automatically moved to its specified "RecyclePool" should have expiresin
automatically set to 0 as well.

Thoughts?

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC

Learn about strong cryptography and how it can protect your personal
communications from the NSA's illegal spying programs here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to
the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as
well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using
it. If you have received this communication in error (or illegally - by mass
collection and/or spying), you are required to delete it immediately.

--
Bill Arlofski
http://www.revpol.com/bacula