Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 7.2 tape error from powerfail

2016-02-14 11:31:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.2 tape error from powerfail
From: philhu <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 08:26:43 -0800
I have an lt04 tape system. All jobs write to the tapes in one pool. A specific
tapw was in the drive, half full or so from oler backup jobs

During a tape job today, we had a power fail due to flickering power. Nothing
went off completely,  but tape stopped writing and bacula timed out and marked
job cancelled and marked tape status 'error'

So I reset all, system runs fine on other tapes. So I mark tape in error back
to append

Trying to use it, bacula seeks to end of old data, hits eot and dies with i/o
error

Is there and way to start using the tape again?  The command 'list volumes'
shows how much tape is actually used. I think i need to write eofs at the end
of the old data. How do i seek to end of old data and weof at end. Or should i
just mark tape full to save the old savesets on it?