Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

2015-09-25 15:08:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 09:06:06 -1000
Thank you, Phil!  I'll ask our DBA to verify that these setting are set to what they should be.

I appreciate the help!

-craig

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net> wrote:
On 09/25/15 14:00, Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> I apologize for such a tardy reply.
>
> Yes, we are using InnoDB.  As far as I know we are configured
> correctly.  However, what do you recommend are the most important
> configuration items to look at?

Principal items I would check:

- Make sure innodb_buffer_pool_size is adequate
- Make sure innodb_buffer-pool_instances is set appropriately
- Make sure innodb_io_capacity is set appropriately for your storage
device(s)
- Set innodb_autoinc_lock_mode = 2
- Set innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
- Set innodb_stats_on_metadata = 0
- innodb_log_file_size should be set to at least 50M

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications