Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Remote Bacula Backups & IPTables w. (Cpanel & CSF) Conflicts

2015-09-12 14:48:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] Remote Bacula Backups & IPTables w. (Cpanel & CSF) Conflicts
From: Corey <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:59:27 -0700
I have been trying to install Bacula for the first time and almost** have it
working perfectly. The problem I am facing seems to be within the communication
between Bacula (Server) and the Bacula (Client). After starting a job I get the
error message:

(Job) is waiting for Client (name)-fd to connect to Storage File

This message is only an issue until I log into my Client server and manually
shut off IP tables (service iptables stop). 30 seconds after shutting the
IPTables off the status of the job changes from waiting to running.

Additionally, before shutting off IPTables I checked Both the Client Ports
(9102) and the Server Ports (9101, 9102, 9103) and all appear to be open and
accessible. Making this issue even more strange, after 10 - 30 minutes if I
don't go manually shut down IPTables again - the job will timeout.

The Bacula (Server) is CentOS 7 and does not have any reference to "localhost"
or "127.0.0.1"

The Bacula (Client) is CentOS 6 w. cPanel and CSF. According to certain
articles online CSF doesn't even need IPTables running (
http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/how-to-disable-the-linux-firewall-and-use-csf/
 ) - Again, this doesn't have any reference to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"

I'm at a bit of a loss so any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!