Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

2015-09-17 22:30:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>, Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:25:43 -1000
Hi Ana and Phil,

I'm a bit tied up with some important tasks right now and have not been able to get the info you're asking for.  I apologize for the delay.  I will reply soon.

Thanks for the help,
-craig

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net> wrote:
On 09/15/15 04:24, Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Yes, the database is large.  The File table has 370+ million records and
> Bacula is pruning.  I'll see what we can do with mysqltuner.  I have a
> feeling I'm occasionally getting the timeout error because there are so
> many records.  If I can't find a cure for the situation, I'm thinking of
> splitting up our backups using two catalog servers -- one for production
> and one for test/dev.  Do you think this is wise?

Are you using InnoDB?  Are you properly configured for InnoDB?  If not,
you should be.  MyISAM tables really should not be used in production
any more, and Oracle is moving towards deprecating the MyISAM engine.

I've also occasionally pondered whether partitioning certain tables -
notably the File table - would benefit Bacula.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications