Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

2015-09-11 15:16:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:14:40 -1000
My apologies.  I hit the send button before entering a subject.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hello All,

I'm getting the following problem occasionally:
2015-09-10 23:47:24bacula-dir JobId 140080: Fatal error: JobId 139901 already running. Duplicate job not allowed.

Due to this type of error:
2015-09-10 23:47:22bacula-dir JobId 139901: Fatal error: sql_create.c:870 Fill File table Query failed: INSERT INTO File (FileIndex, JobId, PathId, FilenameId, LStat, MD5, DeltaSeq) SELECT batch.FileIndex, batch.JobId, Path.PathId, Filename.FilenameId,batch.LStat, batch.MD5, batch.DeltaSeq FROM batch JOIN Path ON (batch.Path = Path.Path) JOIN Filename ON (batch.Name = Filename.Name): ERR=Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

This happens when a database lock has timed out on a backup and the job is rescheduled.  For some reason, it seems a new job is starting up as soon as the error is detected.  I posted about this issue earlier and someone mentioned it is happening because I configured Bacula to do that (or at least that's the impression I got from the post).  Would anyone know which config would have the setting to start up a new job for the client backup when an error like a lock is detected?  So far, I've only found settings for rescheduling, not restarting such as below:

   Reschedule Interval = 1 hour
    Reschedule Times = 3
    Cancel Lower Level Duplicates = yes
    Allow Duplicate Jobs = no

Obviously, the backup is getting canceled because of the last two settings above.  But, what setting is causing a new job to be created when I get a lock timeout error is detected that says it has rescheduled the job for 3600 minutes later?

I realize it appears I may need to do some database fixing/turning.  But, my immediate wonder is why a new job is being created when one has been rescheduled?

Regards,
-craig