Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]

2015-08-11 02:45:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]
From: Jing Yang <yang15 AT sas.upenn DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:40:01 -0400
Hi,
      I have been searching around a lot about “permission denied” errors,
however, none of them matches my case. I am keeping getting Permission denied
error on bacula-fd daemon. In the manual, it says that run the file system
daemon as root. I am assuming it means the following,
"-rw-r----- 1 root   bacula 1012 Mar  6  2013 bacula-fd.conf”
However, it seems not working at all. In addition, I keep other configuration
files with user as bacula and group as bacula. Is this the correct? How can I
check whether the daemon is running as root user or some others? What does the
manual mean by “run file system daemon as root”?

Thanks,
Jing