Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula daemon message- where did it come from?

2015-08-11 02:22:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula daemon message- where did it come from?
From: Andreas Nastke <nastke AT gdp-group DOT com>
To: Michael Schwager <mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:21:10 +0200
hi,

check the mail-headers ('received-from' etc.) to find out
which servers were involved.

Michael Schwager schrieb:
> Hello,
> Yesterday (Sunday) I received an email from bacula-dir but I don't know
> why. It contains old authentication error messages from a week ago (see
> below) that I'd rectified on the 03 August later in the day. I don't know
> why I received this message now, and I'd like to prevent it from recurring.
> ...It makes my boss anxious. :-)
>
> The mail was sent at 11:00 UTC. There is no other job scheduled in
> bacula-dir or in cron that would take place at the time this email was
> sent. My maillog is consistent with that. I have verified that the mail
> came from bacula-dir
>
> I wonder if a start of the bacula director would send an email, but I just
> tried it and it did not send the email again (see the cron operations that
> are performed, below). Does bacula-dir send error messages that are <= 1
> week old, upon startup?
>
> At 11:00 UTC my system performs the following from cron, in order to
> perform a binary backup:
> ​systemctl stop bacula-dir
> ​systemctl stop bacula-sd
> ​systemctl stop bacula-fd​
> systemctl stop mysqld
> ​(copy database dir)
> ​systemctl start mysqld
> systemctl start bacula-fd
> ​systemctl stop bacula-sd
> ​systemctl stop bacula-dir
>
> ​Thanks for any help.
>

> *- Mike Schwager*
>
> *  Linux Network Engineer, Mocho Trading LLC*
> *  312-646-4783 Phone    312-637-0011 Cell    312-957-9804 Fax*

Mit besten Grüßen / Kind Regards

Andreas Nastke
IT System Management

g/d/p Markt- und Sozialforschung GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der Forschungsgruppe g/d/p
Richardstr. 18
D-22081 Hamburg
Fon: +49 (0)40 / 29876-117
Fax: +49 (0)40 / 29876-127
nastke AT gdp-group DOT com
www.gdp-group.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg, HRB 40482
Geschäftsführer: Christa Braaß, Volker Rohweder

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and  delete
this e-mail from your whole system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.