Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula daemon message- where did it come from?

2015-08-10 10:07:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula daemon message- where did it come from?
From: Michael Schwager <mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:01:43 -0500
Hello,
Yesterday (Sunday) I received an email from bacula-dir but I don't know why. It contains old authentication error messages from a week ago (see below) that I'd rectified on the 03 August later in the day. I don't know why I received this message now, and I'd like to prevent it from recurring. ...It makes my boss anxious. :-)

The mail was sent at 11:00 UTC. There is no other job scheduled in bacula-dir or in cron that would take place at the time this email was sent. My maillog is consistent with that. I have verified that the mail came from bacula-dir

I wonder if a start of the bacula director would send an email, but I just tried it and it did not send the email again (see the cron operations that are performed, below). Does bacula-dir send error messages that are <= 1 week old, upon startup?

At 11:00 UTC my system performs the following from cron, in order to perform a binary backup:
​systemctl stop bacula-dir
​systemctl stop bacula-sd
​systemctl stop bacula-fd​
systemctl stop mysqld
​(copy database dir)
​systemctl start mysqld
systemctl start bacula-fd
​systemctl stop bacula-sd
​systemctl stop bacula-dir

​Thanks for any help.

- Mike Schwager
  Linux Network Engineer, Mocho Trading LLC
  312-646-4783 Phone    312-637-0011 Cell    312-957-9804 Fax

02-Aug 22:24 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: authenticate.c:114 Director unable to authenticate with Storage daemon at "-backup-01.example.com:9103". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the SD or
SD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION00260000000000000000 for help.
03-Aug 02:38 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: authenticate.c:114 Director unable to authenticate with Storage daemon at "http://backup-01.example.com:9103". Possible causes:
03-Aug 02:49 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: authenticate.c:114 Director unable to authenticate with Storage daemon at "http://backup-01.example.com:9103". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the SD or
SD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION00260000000000000000 for help.

This message is for the named person(s) use only. It may contain confidential proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Mocho Trading LLC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.