Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bsmtp failing to connect to mail server

2015-08-10 06:47:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bsmtp failing to connect to mail server
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 06:47:42 -0400

On 8/7/2015 6:15 PM, Jerry Lowry wrote:
All,

I have recently setup two separate bacula servers on two subnets.  They were using one server and going through the firewall for one of the subnets.  The previous configuration worked well but for security reasons and speed I separated them.
Along with this change the company decided to move from an inhouse email server to gmail.

Since the move to gmail I have not been able to get the bsmtp configuration to work.  I have tried to use gmail but it requires tls.

Jul 20 10:26:59 distress bacula-dir: 20-Jul 10:26  Message delivery ERROR: Mail
prog: bsmtp: bsmtp.c:145 Fatal malformed reply from smtp.googlemail.com: 530 5.7
.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. b9sm14093516ioj.6 - gsmtp

So, I have configured postfix/cyrus on the backup server just to send email.  The problem I get from bsmtp now is that it can not connect to the mail server.

[root@kilchis bin]# /usr/bacula/bin/bsmtp -d 25 -h kilchis.server.com -f \"\(Bacula\) \<no-reply AT edt DOT com\>\" -s \"Bacula daemon message\" rec AT server DOT com"
test message
"
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:338-0 Debug level = 25
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:346-0 host=kilchis.server.com
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:356-0 subject="Bacula
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:432-0 My hostname is: kilchis
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:456-0 From addr="(Bacula)
bsmtp: bsmtp.c:514-0 Failed to connect to mailhost kilchis.server.com

What does postfix log to maillog when bsmtp fails?

I can send mail from the command prompt and it works just fine.

What am I missing?

thanks