Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.x windows client

2015-01-25 02:50:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.x windows client
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "J. Echter" <j.echter AT echter-kuechen-elektro DOT de>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 08:45:14 +0100
The Windows verify problem is fixed in the latest version of the Windows
binaries produced by Bacula Systems for the community version.

I had planned to announce some major community "improvements" including
the Windows binaries at the end of the year.  Unfortunately the person
responsible for doing the work to implement these improvements no longer
works for Bacula Systems after the end of January.  His replacement is
already hired, but will come on board in 2-3 months, so the major
improvements have been delayed a bit.

Heitor is correct. The Bareos affair has changed a lot of things for the
negative for Bacula Systems, which has been the major contributor to the
Bacula community version since 2008.  For one thing, the lawsuit
consumes quite a lot of my personal time, and the other negative side is
that Bareos is threatening the existence of Bacula Systems.  I will have
more to say on Bareos in the my bacula.org blog in mid-February.

Best regards,
Kern