Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.x windows client

2015-01-20 07:06:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.x windows client
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:03:46 -0300 (BRT)
> > Just in time, when zapping the ReleaseNotes files =(:
> >
> > "The following features or directives have been removed:
> > *- Win32*
> > - tray-monitor
> > - wx_console
> > - Removed cats DBI driver
> > - Python"
> >

> Thanks for your replies, Heitor. I think I read somewhere in Kern's
> updates that bacula systems will again provide windows client binaries
> in the near future, the question is *how* near? ;-)
>
> All the best, Uwe

I suspect it may be related to the Bareos debacle, so when it's over I hope it
will be released again.
Anyway, 5.2.13 Windows Client seems to still work fine with the 7.0.5 Director.
You can always buy the 7.0.5 clients from BE for a inexpensive price:
http://www.baculasystems.com/windows-binaries-for-bacula-community-users

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
12 a 23 de janeiro de 2015 - Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula:
http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174
61 2021-8260 | 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br | Facebook: heitor.faria | Gtalk: heitorfaria AT gmail
DOT com