Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Offsite Storage

2015-01-22 14:06:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Offsite Storage
From: Damien Hull <dhull AT tikigaq DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:30:01 +0000

I’ve asked this question before, but I don’t think I got enough information. Here’s my situation

1.      I have three offices in different physical locations.

2.      Each location has between 200 GB to well over 1 TB of data.

3.      I would like to backup data between offices for offsite storage.

4.      I can’t wait weeks for data to be copied between offices

I know some commercial software allows you to “seed” the backup.

1.      Copy data to an external drive

2.      Mail the drive to another office

3.      Copy the data over – Your backup is now “seeded”

4.      Backups are now faster because you don’t have to copy everything.

Can bacula handle this?

Thanks!

Damien Hull

IT Manager