Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 7 does not like duplicate Address for Storage

2015-01-13 20:07:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7 does not like duplicate Address for Storage
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:58:58 -0500
I tried upgrading from Bacula 5 to Bacula 7 today on FreeBSD 9.3 with
PostgreSQL 9.4

However, running status storage, I'm missing a storage.

Theory: bacula-dir is not properly treating all Storage resources with the same
Address.

If they all have distinct values for Address, it works. If not, one or more
Storage are silently ignored.

$ bconsole
Connecting to Director bacula.int.unixathome.org:9101
1000 OK: 1 bacula-dir Version: 7.0.5 (28 July 2014)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*status storage
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: CreyFile
     3: DLT
Select Storage resource (1-3): .
Selection aborted, nothing done.
*

But the configuration contains four Storage Resources.  I'll show you two to
demonstrate the problem:

# Definition of Overland DLT 8000 tape storage device
Storage {
  Name       = CompaqStorageWorksTapeLibrary
  Address    = 10.55.0.10
  SDPort     = 9103
  Password   = "passwd"

  AutoChanger = Yes

  Device     = DTL03
  Media Type = SDLT
}

# Definiton of file storage device
Storage {
  Name       = CreyFile
  Address    = crey.int.unixathome.org                # N.B. Use a fully
qualified name here
  SDPort     = 9103
  Password   = "passwd"
  Device     = CreyFile
  Media Type = File

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 40
}

If I swap the order of these two devices, I see:

*st st
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: DLT
     3: CompaqStorageWorksTapeLibrary

If I change the Address of one of those Storage resources to an IP address
instead of a FQDN, I see:

*st st
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File